Scheduled Task Comparing, Not Syncing

Get help for specific problems

LizP

Hi, Can't find this particular issue elsewhere so hoping for some help...

I am trying to schedule a FreeFileSync task to run every day - I have followed the instructions in the manual and the task does run but it only compares the two sides, it doesn't sync.

My Program/script is: "C:\Program Files\FreeFileSync\FreeFileSync.exe"
My argument is: "C:\Users\liz.phillips\Documents\FreeFileSyncBackups\D CSTLiz to Backup.ffs_gui"

The task runs, opens FreeFileSync and compares the two sides and that's it.....
Do I need another argument to sync as well as compare? Or have I missed a setting somewhere?

Any help would be appreciated :)

Plerry

Look here.
And look at the Manual page on Scheduling jobs. You call a *.ffs_gui file, not a *.ffs_batch file.
*.ffs_gui-syncs always stop after the Compare phase and wait for the user to manually start the actual sync, *.ffs_batch-files run a Compare and actual Sync in one go.
Last edited by Plerry on 15 Feb 2019, 12:36, edited 1 time in total.

LizP

Hi, thanks for the reply - I'm guessing it shows I'm not understanding something but I still can't see how to make the *.ffs_gui synchronise without manually pressing the synchronise button or F9.
I'm happy the task is running as scheduled, I don't mind if it's running in the background or not - it's just that it's only comparing, showing me that x files need to be updated but it isn't then syncing those files

Plerry

Your reaction and my edit of the message above crossed.
Please reread the above message.

LizP

Hi, I understand now, I'd been thinking of the *.ffs_batch file for combining multiple *.ffs_gui files, I'd not appreciated the 'unattended synchronisation' part....
Ironically, I started with a batch but couldn't get Task Scheduler to work, by the time I read I needed the start program and gui argument in Scheduler, I was working on an individual gui...

I've now set up a daily task that successfully syncs all the files I need.
Thanks for the help, much appreciated :D