Wildcard filter question

Get help for specific problems

RBc3241

Appreciate any help or input this.

(1) I have app created files that I don't need to Mirror that have different names but the same extension, like 2f8b7d3c55d88d.CBM and they are created on all my drive partitions.

I need to exclude these files with the extension of .CBM and if possible not also exclude any folders (however likely) with that same extension.

If I use the exclude filter of *.CBM it excludes both files and folders, if I use *.CBM\ it only excludes all Folders (but not files). I have not found a way to exclude only files (not folders) with a wildcard spec.

(2) Additionally the exclude spec of *.CBM will also exclude additional prepended characters, but does not exclude appended characters with names like xxx55d88d.CBM-old or xxx55d88d.CBMxVoid etc.

While this premise is not often necessary (usually) with extensions it would be necessary at times with filenames. I have not found a way to exclude (with a wildcard spec) occurrences of the exact spelling of a file with no excluded prepended or appended characters, at any location on the drive?