First Use: Need a bit of guidance

Get help for specific problems

metro_

Hi there!

I have a failing NTFS hard drive and am hoping that FFS can help me out. It's nearly 2TB of data so I have to find a way to automate this as much as possible. I've already managed to copy over some data to a healthy drive without FFS but it's pretty clear that some sections of the drive are corrupt or problematic and won't make it over.

Here are my questions:

1. Can I compare the failing drive to the healthy drive but have it automatically log bad CRCs/files and add it to a log without having me manually make 'retry' attempts from the applications prompt (which is what it's doing right now)?

2. If a successful comparison occurs it should have a list of both healthy and unhealthy files that remain to be copied to the healthy drive. Can I begin this process but have it make a few attempts on bad CRCs, then continue onto the next file and simply log files that didn't make it over?

If FFS can pull this off it would be huge. I just need some guidance on how to set this up. Thanks in advance!
Site Admin

Zenju

You can find automatic retry under comparison settings (F6). Everything not copied is logged and shown at the end.

metro_

Does this work for both items I've listed, #1 and #2?

I see that automatic retry is on but I still get prompts for CRC errors. Also - if I 'ignore' the crc error will it still log it?

My hope is that this automates from beginning to end. I may not be at the computer to click an option. I'm guessing there are tens of thousands of problematic files.

Thanks for the quick reply!
Last edited by metro_ on 27 Mar 2019, 13:50, edited 1 time in total.