Only first set of left and right folders are updating

Get help for specific problems

regis_1

I am using a FreeFileSync batch that contains three left and right folder pairs to mirror from left to right. I am running the batch from a scheduled task in Windows Server 2019. Only the first pair of folders are updating. The second pair and the third pair never update. Do I need to do something special to get FreeFileSync to update beyond the first folder pair?

Plerry

What does your FFS log-file tell you?

Most likely, this is not an FreeFileSync (FFS) issue, but rather an access right or drive-assignment issue.
You need to run the FFS scheduled task under user credentials that have proper access rights to all left and right locations.
By default, scheduled tasks run as the System user, which normally has no access to network locations.
Additionally, if you use network (or local) drives mapped to a drive-letter, note that drive mapping is user specific. A drive G: may exist for user A, but not for user B, or point to another location. The System user normally does not have any drive mappings.

An easy check is to (temporarily?) change the sequence of your three left/right folder pairs, via the black pull-down arrow menu directly in front of the left-right folder pairs. Very likely you will notice that what is now your first left-right folder pair will still sync, and the now later two left-right folder pairs still won't.
Or perhaps nothing syncs any more (if you have saved the batch-job to cancel on errors).

regis_1

Thanks Plerry. There was no log because the job never finished. Here is the problem and the solution that I discovered. I was using volume labels, for example: [VolLabel], for the right location. I manually typed the square brackets and labels for the second and third pairs. When I instead used the Browse button to select the volume labels for the right locations, the job worked. I made no other changes to permissions or users or anything else. Thanks again.