Copy completed downloads in qBitorrent from 1 folder to another

Get help for specific problems

UKQuinny

Ive searched the forum but cant find this subject.
In Qbitorrent I have set the download folder to "D:\Downloads" but when a torrent is finished i want to copy the completed download to a folder with all my unwatched tv, "D:\Media\Video\TV\2 watch". I only want to copy the completed download so it can carry on seeding from the downloads folder. When i used to use utorrent i used the "run external program on torrent completion" feature with a command line that i didnt understand, that i picked up from a forum,
xcopy "%D\%F" "D:\Media\Video\TV\2 watch\"
But this no longer works in qBitorrent, could FreeFileSync do this for me? Ive had a couple of attempts but with no luck.
Many thanks in advance for any help

Radish

I don't outright know the answer to your question for sure. However, I would think the answer is no; FFS has no means of telling if a torrent is complete or incomplete.

Above said, why not try a torrent program that matches your needs. Tixati is available for Windows and Linux systems and does have a built-in option to allow automatically moving (not copying) a completed torrent to a location of your choice. It's been a while since I used it myself, don't do much torrenting now, but from memory I think that once it has moved the completed file it will continue to seed from the file in the new location. If for some reason you don't want to seed from the file in the new location (don't want to seed from that drive sort of thing) then you could have Tixati move completed torrents to a location where you are happy to seed from and then have FFS monitor that folder and copy any new files/folders that appear in the folder.

Tixati is available as a fully installed setup or as a portable (I use the portable, works well) so you could try the portable for testing purposes without installing anything to your system. It's actually a really good torrent program and what can be done with its scheduler is a pure work of art.