how to work with sync.ffs_lock protection on NAS

Get help for specific problems

smithcferg

I want to sync every computer at home to a master file that is located on a NAS network share. I am new to freefilesync and could not find out how to use this properly. Running Win10x64 and NAS is Netgear RN214 running ReadyNAS OS6. Using the current freefilesync v10.12.

I am testing with two computers that are bidirectionally syncing the same database file to a file on a nas, using RTS(x64) scheduled to start on log on with a .real file through Windows Scheduler. When only one computer is running there is no problem with this setup. The monitoring process watches both the Network Share directory and the local computer directory for changes and correctly adds, deletes, and syncs files in the directories. When both scheduled RTS processes (same setup) start monitoring/synchronizing, a locked file appears on the NAS, and everything grinds to a halt.

I have other computers I need to also set this up on, so that the latest database will be updated to all computers. Is there a way that I can set this up without removing the locked file access protection mechanism? Is this mechanism superfluous in this situation?

Thanks for your help, Craig

smithcferg

Better explanation of my use case:
Each local computer on the network has a "local" Keepass db which is synced (using Keepass synchronization) to a second "master" keepass db on that same computer. This "master" db is located in a directory monitored by RTS. When there is a change either to this "master" db or to the "master" db it is matched to on the NAS, a freefilesync bidirectional sync takes place so that newest changes are propagated to older file. From there RTS from other computers monitor the NAS "master" db and propagate changes to the "master" db on each local computer. Next time there is a Keepass synchronization on any of those computers, the changes that are located in the "master" db file on these local computers are propagated to the "local" databases on these computers.

smithcferg

How can I make this work without removing lock protection in global settings? Syncing stopped on at least one computer because of sync.ffs_lock.

PC1[PC1 RTS folder] <-FFS Bi-sync on change-> NAS [PC1/PC2 RTS folder] <-FFS Bi-sync on change->PC2[PC2 RTS folder]