RTS only works if i keep pressing close + makes annoying sound

Get help for specific problems

juliandarley

Thank you for this software, which seems to be perfect for my needs, ie i want to keep two folders in sync like dropbox does. i think that i am very close to getting it to do exactly what i want, except for two (related) things. here is the situation (on a win 10 box):

having set the RTS function running, it immediately produces a 'Completed successfully' dialogue box (even if there are no changes) and makes an irritating noise. After that, RTS will only trigger again (from say a file addition), if i press the Close button on the dialogue box, otherwise RTS simply refuses to detect any file changes.

therefore, i would like to know how i can stop the 'Completed successfully' dialogue box from appearing? this would also stop the alert noise, which will otherwise be going off all day. i would like to keep the log notes, so i hope there is a way that they might go on being generated and saved to a place of my choosing (probably where i keep the FFS batch files).

i have tried selecting the Hide Console window in RTS config, but that seems to have no effect on anything.

thx, julian

juliandarley

marvellous, thank you! and thank you for answering so quickly. i have also now tested FFS with a NAS drive and recursive folders and it seems to work perfectly. i am most grateful. i shall make a donation asap. one small suggestion: could you make the default to Auto close the Progress dialog when batch saving? it would mean that your system would run perfectly without any tweaking from someone who was new to it.