files in FFS don't match what I have in explorer

Get help for specific problems

shmish

Hello,

I've used FFS for a while and I've never noticed this behaviour before. I've loaded a folder in FFS and I have all the filters cleared. After clicking compare, I see that the files shown in FFS do not match what I have in windows explorer. FFS is missing some files. For example, the small .jpg files are not showing nor is the file that starts with "Asad...". In fact, explorer says there are 132 files while FFS says there are 72. I have a screenshot in the attached jpg. What am I doing wrong?
Attachments
ffsProblem.jpg
ffsProblem.jpg (296.7 KiB) Viewed 309 times

shmish

OK, I guess what I'm seeing is that FFS only shows files that are different between the two folders. Files that are exactly the same size, content and date are not shown. Is this correct?

Radish

OK, I guess what I'm seeing is that FFS only shows files that are different between the two folders. Files that are exactly the same size, content and date are not shown. Is this correct?shmish, 02 Jun 2019, 07:35
Broadly, yes. Try this:

(1) Run a comparison.
(2) Now look carefully at the very bottom of the FFS window and you will see some text that says Select view: and there will be some buttons to right of the text.
(3) Try clicking around with those buttons and you might solve your issue.

Tip: the buttons that are in colour are the view selections currently in force. If any buttons are a grey colour then it means that those items won't (currently) show in the list of files to be copied/moved etc.

shmish

Thank you, the buttons at the bottom allowed me to see all the files if I want to.