Issue with Huawei P8 MTP

Get help for specific problems

lijsfgfdgdf

I get this error 6 times in a row
Error calling "IPortableDeviceProperties::GetValues" on child item.
HRESULT: 0x80042009, Facility: COM/OLE Interface Management

, afterwards about 3000 Files are detected and I recognize the folder structure being shown by FFS during compare
However FFS states it finds 3400 objects of size 0Bytes and does not sync anything. Other tools )e.g. Goodsync) are able to copy the data.
Site Admin

Zenju

lijsfgfdgdf

Oh. I tried to find the old topic to find out whether its the same issue but couldn't find it. However, this is slighly different I think (or your implementation changed). As far as I remember the old issue was an non-ignoreable error. The errors can now be ignored but FFS claims that there is no file to sync.
Site Admin

Zenju

Yes, the implementation changed. The old FFS version tried to get all items details for a folder at a time, while the recent one processes one item after another, therefore in the failure case also only one item is skipped rather than the whole folder.
Site Admin

Zenju

therefore in the failure case also only one item is skipped rather than the whole folder. Zenju, 04 Jun 2019, 09:09
Clarification: But still the whole folder will be excluded from sync, it's just that the non-failed items at this folder level are shown on GUI (disabled) rather than not at all.

I'm still not sure if there is something that can be improved about this, other than bluntly skipping failed items, which is a bad idea when you don't know what it is that you are skipping. Maybe this is what GoodSync is doing. In any case, more analysis is needed, which can be done with the WPD tool:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/hv1wmhvv78v4cz9/WPD_Tools_64-bit.rar

lijsfgfdgdf

Thank you for the Clarification. I think this is even more confusing to a User. As this issue is now back I will go back to your last message in the other thread, but not before next week. I really like FFS (and clearly more than GoodSync) so I would really like to help fixing this.