RealTime Sync Issue

Get help for specific problems

systemagic

I've downloaded and installed, I've setup a two way sync job with 2 large folders on 2 separate computers. I ran the job and it took ages and the folder contents now match. I've saved as a batch file and setup RealTimeSync. To test it I put a file in one of the directories, as soon as I do that FreeFileSync opens and checks the whole of both directories again which takes a while, I was hoping it would have remembered what was there from a previous sync and just make the changes. Have i configured it wrong?

Any help greatly appreciated

systemagic

actually looking again, its just scanning the destination directory again, is this because its a mapped drive on another computer?

Plerry

RealTimeSync (RTS) monitors the specified folders for changes, and upon detecting such changes launches the specified application, usually FreeFileSync (FFS).
FFS always Compares the full left and right location(s) to establish the deltas and then only syncs the deltas.
FFS is not aware of the changes that made RTS launch FFS.
That also does not make sense, as
* RTS does not necessarily monitor all folders involved in a sync
* RTS is "armed" to launch the specified application upon detection of the first monitored change, after which more changes may occur, but then waits the specified idle time of (further) inactivity to actually launch that application.
* For good reasons, RTS is inactive during execution of FFS and further changes may have occurred during that time

systemagic

Hi Plerry
Thats great thanks for your very detailed reply, that makes sense! :)