Update 7.7 to 7.8 on Linux Mint 17

Get help for specific problems

digital-patrick

Hi!
I'm using FFS for years now and it's really great.
Now I've downloaded the ubuntu-ZIP, but I don't know how to update to 7.8 the right way.
There is no installer and no readme to help.
Just copy and overwrite the existing files in /usr/bin and in home???

Thanks for your help

ps.: and I donated some money. I think that's a good way to keep software alive!
Site Admin

Zenju

Just copy and overwrite the existing files in /usr/bin and in home??? digital-patrick
Just extract the contents of the .tar.gz archive somewhere and start the "./FreeFileSync" executable. There is no need to install.

JayBird707

I made a new folder in my Home directory and extracted Ver. 8.0 into it. I went into the folder and located the FreeFileSync executable file. When I try to run the file nothing happens.
Site Admin

Zenju

I made a new folder in my Home directory and extracted Ver. 8.0 into it. I went into the folder and located the FreeFileSync executable file. When I try to run the file nothing happens.JayBird707
Likely the same problem: viewtopic.php?t=2258

peter86

I made a new folder in my Home directory and extracted Ver. 8.0 into it. I went into the folder and located the FreeFileSync executable file. When I try to run the file nothing happens.JayBird707
It happens to me, too. From FFS 7.8 above I cant run the software after clicking on the executable file. Running the version for Debian didnt work, either. I still have installed FFS 7.7 through PPA, which works flawlessly.

I have Linux Mint 17.3 64bit, Cinnamon version 2.8.7, linux kernel 4.2.0-34