Sync local folder with Drive File Stream, file content changes not detected by RealTimeSync

Discuss new features and functions

academicRobot

The only allowed cloud storage at my work is Drive File Stream, which is incompatible with Windows Subsystem on Linux, so I'm using FFS RealTime to keep a local folder in sync with the cloud folder. Works great for the most part, the google doc issue is not a problem for me.

The only issue I've run into is that content changes to files in the cloud folder are not propagated by RealTimeSync (build 6/13/2019 - Unicode x64). If I locally edit a file in the cloud folder, or edit on another machine, RTS doesn't seem to detect that a file has changed. All other changes in the cloud folder I've tried (deleting, renaming, creating new files) initiate a sync, which will cause pending file changes to propagate.

Content changes to files in the local folder and manually initiating a sync work as expected. This issue is not blocking for me.

Plerry

For RTS to work, the file/operating system needs to support registering for sending change notifications.
Like for (S)FTP, this may not be the case for Drive File Stream.
See e.g. here