Mirror multiple folders to single destination

Get help for specific problems

binarydad

I have a source of 3 media folders: Media, Media2, and Media3. I want to mirror the contents of these three folders to a single backup: Backup_Media.

Currently, I'm specifying the three folders as the source, and the same single destination for each of the three folders. I'm able to update the files from the source => destination, but if I try to mirror (delete the right side if not available), then it will end up deleting large amounts of files because the right side file at that particular time doesn't exist in the current source folder (though it may exist in one of the other two source folders).

Is it possible to have it consider the files across the source folders as a "whole" in determining mirroring? Thanks.

Plerry

A Mirror sync variant deletes files pre-existing in the destination location that do not or no longer exist in the source location.
It seems your use-case requires the Update sync variant (selected in the Sync-settings (F8)).
An Update sync variant leaves files pre-existing in the destination location that do not or no longer exist in the source location intact.
So, you should be able to run Update sync variants
from Media (source, left) to Backup_Media (destination, right),
from Media2 (source, left) to Backup_Media (destination, right)
and from Media3 (source, left) to Backup_Media (destination, right).
Note, that if different, but identically named files exist in identical locations in the folder tree of Media, Media2 and/or Media3, both a Mirror and Update sync will on every sync overwrite that file in the Backup_Media location by file in the source location of the present sync.