Versioning Not Using Exclusions?

Get help for specific problems

Mangination

I'm working with a setup that has a large source repository that gets synced with a backup and versioning repository. There are a good number of exclusions in the source that are intended to be synced at different intervals, also with the expectation they will have a different versioning removal policy applied.

The problem that I'm having is that while it seems like the exclusions are properly ignoring the sync evaluation between the source and backup repos, the versioning setting seems to be ignoring those exclusions and applies the removal policy to the items not being synced by this process.

This is a dynamic source repository so it's easiest to scan the whole thing and tell it to ignore a few directories here and there, otherwise it would be a nightmare. Does it sound like I'm doing something wrong with my approach to versioning the backup directory, or is this just a limitation to how versioning is evaluated?
Site Admin

Zenju

Indeed the filter is only applied for the files that are considered for synchronization, but not for the versioning folder during the clean-up step ("limit file versions"). The solution to enable different clean-up rules in this case is to set up different configurations with different versioning folders.