Why do sub folders get separated after sync?

Get help for specific problems

MattWhalen

After Synchronizing my computer files to an external hard drive I noticed that all folders are separated, including sub folders.

For example, one main folder in my C drive is called "Samples".
Within the "Samples" folder there are multiple folders including, "Kick Drums", "Cymbals", "Snare Drums", and more.
All of the sub folders were taken out of the "Samples" folder and separated in my external drive. The "Samples" folder doesn't even exist in the external drive.

Is there a way to stop this from happening? It's good that I can backup my files but if I my computer breaks and I need to use the external drive to put the files on a new computer it will take a lot of work to create the main folders again and organize everything.

Plerry

You simply need to properly define your left- and right-base-folder-pair.
The content of the left base folder will be synced with/to the content of the right base folder pair.

If you just want to sync the folder "Samples", you may define
your left base folder location as C:\Samples\
and your right base folder location e.g. as N:\SamplesBackup\ (assuming N: is some network location or external drive)

If you want to sync all content of C:\ to N:\, you may define
your left base folder location as C:\
and your right base folder location as N:\
In this latter case, you may restrict what part of the content of C:\ gets synced by
either explicitly including certain folders (e.g. \Samples\ | \Samples1\ | \Samples2\ ) via the Include filter,
or explicitly excluding certain folders (e.g. \Windows\ | \Users\ | \Temp\ ) via the Exclude filter,
whichever is more suitable for your use case