10.14 Donation Edition setup will not run

Get help for specific problems

ADP

I currently have version 9. I have downloaded 10.14 Donation Edition and get the following error message:

Exception: Installer cannot load requirted fileC;\Users\Ad\Downloads\Freefile Sync 2019\FreeFileSync_10.14(donation_edition)_Setup.key

How can I resolve this please? I have closed FreeFile Sync programme and this makes no difference

Thank you

ADP

Strangely I have just downloaded the non-donation version and this has loaded up without a problem

Radish

I have a suspicion you might be trying to install FFS from within the zip archive itself (you can't do that). You need to unpack both the installer and the 'key' file that are contained in the zip file. The key file, once unpacked, needs to be in the same folder that you run the unpacked installer from. The installer will look for the key file in the same folder that you are launching the installer from. If it finds the key file then the install will happen as normal. If doesn't find the key file then the install will not proceed.

From memory the 'free version' doesn't use a key file hence the install of that version will work okay because the installer isn't looking for a key file.

ADP

Spot on advice. I had unpacked only the installer. Many thanks for your speedy response.
Have a good weekend!