New folder

Discuss new features and functions

Saulo_GPU

Hi guys.

When I have a new folder on the left to Sync I have that create a New Folder with a same name manualy using the explorer and then I select to sync.
Is there a function to create a automaticly new folder when doesn't exist the folder on the right?

Thanks!

Plerry

Except for the left and right base folder location, FFS will automatically generate any subfolders, as far as necessary and as far as not yet existing.
For a missing base folder location: if the right base folder (I only tried it for a right folder) does not exist, FFS will flag you that that (base) folder does not (yet) exist and will suggest to create it for you when executing the sync.

Saulo_GPU

Yeah.
When the new folder on the right the FFS ask to create that new folder, but on the left not.
You can write the name of the new folder manualy on the right in FFS and then, the program will ask to create a new folder.
I thint that It could make that automaticly.
Attachments
new.png
new.png (177.01 KiB) Viewed 1834 times

Plerry

When the new folder on the right the FFS ask to create that new folder, but on the left not. ...Saulo_GPU, 12 Aug 2019, 14:36
It seems logical that, although you may want to sync an existing base folder to a not (yet) existing base folder,
it does not make sense to sync between two not yet existing base folders, as both would be empty, and with nothing to sync.
… You can write the name of the new folder manualy on the right in FFS and then, the program will ask to create a new folder. I thint that It could make that automaticly.Saulo_GPU, 12 Aug 2019, 14:36
If the base folder does not exist yet, how is FFS supposed to guess the name of that new base folder?

welikewipes

hi everyone,

I have the same case. I only want to copy over 4 new folders from left to right. and manually creating the folders on the right is not ideal at all, please add the feature to auto add new folder from left to right. The base folders already existing makes sense if there was already one sync but this is a new sync...

Plerry

@welikewipes
In your case you can define the parent folder of your 4 new folders as your base folder.
If you now sync that base folder to a suitable counter base folder, FFS will gladly create
any folders inside the counter base folder that do not (yet) exist, while retaining
the folder tree structure inside the base folder.

The earlier discussion in this thread is about creating (not yet existing) base folders.

Saulo_GPU

Plerry.
I understand your idea, but we supose that I have an android smartphone.
I make my backup using FFS.
The root folder in Android has multiple folders, when I create a new folder, FFS dosen't detected this new folder... Normal. FFS must do this.
However I want a backup of this new folder, then I have that copy manually this folder and after sync on the program.

I can use the root folder and use the filter to remove the other folder that don't have information. But I think that is not the fast solution.

xCSxXenon

No clue what you guys are doing wrong, but FFS absolutely created new folders when they appear on one side only, as long as your sync settings are correct. That picture shows an attempt to sync a folder on the left with nothing on the right. It doesn't know if you want it to sync to a folder on the C: drive, D: drive, cloud drive, or another location on the phone. You MUST specify what you want it to sync to at some level. If doing that will cause FFS to sync more folders than you want, just exclude from the sync.