Disabling "Detect Moved Files" on MTP devices only

Get help for specific problems

Sonik_C

Hi,

Just wondering if there is any way to disable "Detect Moved Files" on MTP devices only?
Detect moved files works great when I'm syncing between different drives, but when I'm trying to sync my Android device to my PC, it just freezes (not responding) for about 5-10 minutes on creating the sync.ffs_db files.

Is it possible to add "Exclude MTP Devices" under the "Detect Moved Files" option? Or is there a way to get around this on MTP devices instead of having to disable this option every time?

Many thanks

Plerry

You don't need to disable the option every time if you store your sync
as an *.ffs_gui (or *.ffs_batch) file and run that sync.
Site Admin

Zenju

I suspect the hang is triggered by the rename of sync_ffs_tmp => sync.ffs_db. In this case disabling fail-safe file copy can be used as a workaround: viewtopic.php?t=6531
TODO: fail-safe file copy as a folder-pair-level option

Sonik_C

You don't need to disable the option every time if you store your sync
as an *.ffs_gui (or *.ffs_batch) file and run that sync. Plerry, 20 Aug 2019, 07:27
Thanks, I'll have to look into creating batch files a little more. I wasn't sure if those also included individual settings too? Good feature to have for different jobs. :)

Sonik_C

I suspect the hang is triggered by the rename of sync_ffs_tmp => sync.ffs_db. In this case disabling fail-safe file copy can be used as a workaround: viewtopic.php?t=6531
TODO: fail-safe file copy as a folder-pair-level option Zenju, 20 Aug 2019, 09:05
Thanks, I've just looked at the thread you posted. Mine doesn't actually throw up any errors though from what I've seen. I have to leave it for a long time though, usually at least a few minutes before it eventually completes okay.

Sonik_C

This issue has gotten even worse for me since v10.18 was released. Now even when I disable "Fail-safe file copy" it doesn't stop FFS from hanging at the end of Sync. Does anyone know a workaround for this issue? Or, should I go back to using an older version? I had v10.14 installed before and could get it to stop hanging when disabling fail-safe file copy for MTP.