Real time sync multiple directories

Discuss new features and functions

hamer11

Hello
What I am trying to accomplish is to have a Real time sync of multiple directories.

The issue is that there are 6 directories on 6 different servers. Someone may write to one of the directories on any one of the servers which I then want synced to all other directories. So there is not just 1 source location. Any of the directories could be the source to all other directories. Basically i want to replicate a change in any of the directories to all other directories i do not want any deletions only write changes to any directory synced.

Is this possible? and could you please help with a step by step process on how to accomplish this

any help greatly appreciated

xCSxXenon

You would sync:
1-2
2-3
3-4
4-5
5-6
6-1

Not pretty, and will take 5*idledelay seconds to propagate through all server locations

Or sync:
1-2
1-3
1-4
1-5
1-6

Which is probably better since it only takes at most 2*idledelay seconds to propagate and only needs 5 sync jobs in one batch. It will only have to run twice per change though vs. 5 times in the first option.

hamer11

thank you so much for the quick reply. In the 2nd scenario , that would treat 1 as the source so if a change was made to 3 that would not replicate ? or am i missing something. Again, thank you

xCSxXenon

The sync option needs to be two-way so a change on 3 would sync with 1, then that would sync with 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6