File time syncronization error

Get help for specific problems

daniel88

Hi!

I have a problem with the software. I have a files with recent time however the application tries to syncronice the old files. I attach a image for more info.
Comparison.png
Comparison.png (38.23 KiB) Viewed 363 times
Comparison Settings.png
Comparison Settings.png (42.48 KiB) Viewed 363 times
Attachments
Comparison.png
Comparison.png (38.23 KiB) Viewed 361 times

Plerry

Can you also share the Synchronisation settings tab (F8).
It looks like you may have defined Custom sync settings,
or have defined a Two-Way sync and manually copied
some older files (back) to the right location (Y:)
after previously having run a sync.

daniel88

Synchronization settings.png
Synchronization settings.png (40.73 KiB) Viewed 355 times
I use two-way sync because other person can update the files of right location.
In theory, If I do a sync and my files are newer, the app will copy my files to right location.. Isn't?

Plerry

> If I do a sync and my files are newer, the app will copy my files to right location.. Isn't?
No! If you use a Two-Way sync, and run a sync, the two sides are in sync, and each side contains a database of the file-status as per the end of the sync.
If afterwards the right-side is changed, e.g. by "restoring" older versions of a file, and the left-side is not changed, on the next sync FFS will compare the actual file/folder status with the one stored in the database and will notice that the right-side has changed since the last sync and the left-side has not.
Consequently, FFS suggests/intends to change the left-side to become in line with the changes made to the right-side, even if the right-side files pre-date the left-side files (of the same name, in the same folder-tree location).
And that is the correct and intended action for a Two-Way sync.

If that does not suit your needs, and you always want the newest file to be copied over (even if that is not in line with the latest action on that file) you can define an FFS Custom sync, with the following Category / Action settings:

- Item exists on left-side only: Copy new item to the right
- Left item is newer: Update right item
- Conflict/item can not be categorized: Leave as unresolved conflict (or some other suitable action)
- Right item is newer: Update left item
- Item exists on right-side only: Copy new item to the left

daniel88

You are totally right! I missenstad the beaviour of the Two-Way mode. Thank you for the aclaration and for the suggestion of the Custom sync that is exactly what I need.

Regards,