Library versions used

Get help for specific problems

bgstack15

Zenju, would you please consider publishing which libs and versions are necessary to compile FreeFileSync for ourselves? Today I discovered the wonderful Bugs.txt which I realize has been there this whole time but I've never read it until now.
I observed in the diff from last release that a new curl error was listed, and that you work with upstream (the way open source projects should!) on curl.

I think it would be helpful to people like me and the other "maintainers" (I use that term loosely since we're unofficial at best) to know what versions of libraries you use. For example, about curl, I discovered that FreeFileSync 10.16 depends on curl 7.66.0 because of that new CURLE_AUTH_ERROR status message.
Site Admin

Zenju

Makes sense. FFS is always using the latest versions. I wouldn't recommend compiling against any older ones, because they might not contain important fixes that I've managed to get accepted by the library maintainers in the meantime. So Bugs.txt will only include the additional fixes required in relation to these latest releases. Once the fixes have been accepted by the libraries, I'll remove them from Bugs.txt. I've updated Bugs.txt and the source zip file accordingly.

bgstack15

Thank you, thank you!

I for one didn't know you were using a master branch of wxWidgets. That does explain a few things. I always use the regular rpm or dpkg release of wxgtk and everything else that is available for the particular platforms. I don't know if I want to get into the game of chasing upstream as closely as you do! You are clearly the superior dev.

So on a related note:
Do you have a list of upstream changes you've contributed? I think that's brag-worthy for yourself, and also I wouldn't mind if you shared it in the source zip as well. "FreeFileSync has provided improvements to the upstreams: https://bugzilla.upstream.example.com/?issue=1234" or similar.
Site Admin

Zenju

Do you have a list of upstream changes you've contributed? I think that's brag-worthy for yourself, and also I wouldn't mind if you shared it in the source zip as well. bgstack15, 18 Sep 2019, 14:40
Nah, more trouble than it's worth :D I'm only providing upstream bugfixes to get FFS-specific issues solved, nothing more, nothing less. I'd rather spend my time working on FFS rather than its library dependencies.