One Way Sync Option

Get help for specific problems

mush.chdry

I want to try your Free File Sync software but I have a question. Is there a way to enable one-way Sync only. I don't want two way sync just one way sync would be good for me.

Example: If a file is newer in Location A (Source), it will be copied to Location B (Target). But if a file is newer in Location B, it will NOT be copied to Location A. Similarly, if a file is deleted from Location A, it will be deleted from Location B. But a file deleted in Location B is restored using the file in Location A.

Is it possible? Thank you :)

Plerry

If none of the available pre-defined sync variants (Two-way, Mirror, Update) suits you, you can define your own Custom variant. You can then specify your preferred action per Compare result Category.

mush.chdry

Hi Plerry,

I have not used FFS before and I don't know how to use it because the UI looks quite sophisticated. Do you have any tutorials or instructions on how to perform those actions that you mentioned? It would be very helpful to me. Can I make it one way sync only with Custom variant? Thank you for your comment :)

Plerry

There are Tutorial videos on several topics.
If you are just looking for a simple-straight-forward one-way sync, you can use the Mirror sync variant.
After running a Mirror sync, the target location (normally the right-side location) is a 1:1 copy of the source location (normally the left-side location), with the exception of any files excluded from the sync per the Exclude filter.
But this also means that if a file is deleted from the source location, it will also be deleted from the target location.

The Update variant is essentially also a source-to-target one way-sync. The difference with a Mirror sync is that any file pre-existing in the target location will remain there (not be deleted) if its counterpart in the source location is deleted.

When using a Custom sync variant you can freely define your own rules.
See e.g. here and below that.

mush.chdry

Thank you so much. I would try it out. :)