Setting RealTimeSync to only activate on certain Wi-Fi networks, or alternatively not active on certain Wi-Fi networks.

Get help for specific problems

KJB

I currently have RealTimeSync setup to run a backup of my machine every 10 mins, which works perfectly. The file is in my startup file so I never have to worry about starting it. However this means when I connect to the WiFi using my mobile hotspot, the backup goes over my phones data. This uses a lot of data and kills my phones battery.

I know I can just stop the backup before it starts but the reason I have it in startup is so I don't have to worry about it. Is anyone aware of anyway I can set this up to only kick in on certain WiFi networks using the built in command line in RealTimeSync? So say for example I could allow it to work on my own Home network and it will then ignore all other networks. Or alternatively set it to ignore my Phones hotspot?

Thanks for reading and I would appreciate any help or advice on this.

xCSxXenon

Nothing native to FFS. But, there may be a chain of things you can do to dynamically change the firewall on certain networks to block FFS from having internet access.