Sync Hangs

Get help for specific problems

phatlib

I have used FFS across a number of platforms. But when I started using it on my Windows 10 laptop with SSD and a 32gb USB drive, the sync process started to lag. Copying files often has bursts of speed of over 500 kb/sec then nothing happens or speeds of around 18-20 kb/sec for several minutes. I am not sure if there is a setting for my drive I should use or a change in settings to smooth copying of files.

officeboy

Take a look at my earlier posts on 'FFS performance and 'disablelastaccess' setting in Windows 10' and see if it applies to your issue.

phatlib

Thank you for the reply. But the comparison of files is relatively swift for me. It is when it commences synchronizing the files by copying the revised version over the older version that it often hangs. I am not sure if this has to do with my USB being formatted as exFAT. I tried the DisableLastAccess setting change recommended and nothing changed while files are copied during syncing. I also tried to change the policies on the USB from quick removal to better performance but that had no effect.