Bug: Filenames containing / character don't synchonrize

Discuss new features and functions

ThumbOne

Not a biggie, but a bug nonetheless. Probably only apparent on Linux systems (where I saw it) because ext4 basically allows almost nay character in filenames and is far more liberal than NTFS.

Nonetheless it's a bug, and while I don't try to have files with weird characters in them, I had one for some reason with '/' in its name. That's going to break other things on a Linux box too probably, but interestingly I didn't find anything it broke. Renaming it was trivial for example.

I suspect that all it needs is in the Linux build that there's a call to a "filename escaper" that is probably in standard libraries and prefixes all special chars in a filename with a backslash perhaps. Have to admit I'm not a pro in that, but I'd be looking to fix it in my code if this bug hit me, only because it's a little sloppy, if alas a lo ROI bug fix (almost zero net user impact - as in the number of times anyone on earth ever sees this could be countable on the fingers of one had after a decade if not even less frequently, and there is non-zero, if small, effort in researching how to properly escape filenames to avoid it). I'd be justifying it out of skill acquisition myself.
Site Admin

Zenju

I'm not able to reproduce any errors with files named "\". What kind of error are you seeing?

ThumbOne

"/" not "\".

But I tried to recreate it and failed. So did some reading and: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/9847288/is-it-possible-to-use-in-a-filename

So I tried "\" and voila an example:
Cannot write file "test\file.txt".

Error Code 22: Invalid argument [open]
So looks like I misread it and it was "\", not "/" silly me. Still, you guessed it was "\" rightly and I do get an error.