Retrieving files deleted during sync

Get help for specific problems

matsar

Hi,

I started a sync process between two hard drives. Unfortunately, I switched the two, the source A became the target and the target B became the source.

B being a backup made a year ago, A had many files B did not.

I started the process and even though it took me 15 seconds to realize my mistake, many, many files have been deleted from A...during the process, I saw the message "moving file etc.".

I don't find anything in the trash. Is there any chance I can retrieve these files?

Thanks in advance

matsar

When I look in the settings, I see the mode is not permanent but trash. However, I don't see anything in the trash.

Anyone can help with this please?

xCSxXenon

Something I noticed, it says "deleted and overwritten items" will be move to recycle bin, but I haven't seen updated files go to the recycle bin. I don't know if that counts as "overwritten". That may be why there is some missing. As far as straight deleted files, they should be in recycle bin unless it's FUBAR

matsar

I am currently retrieving the files with a recovery tool. I sent an email to the creator of the tool, no response yet.

I have to say, I know it's my bad initially, however I find it quite preposterous that files can be simply deleted like that, what a failure of a software...

Thanks for replying.

xCSxXenon

That's not a failure on the software's part. You click delete, it does what it is told to do.

matsar

That's not a failure on the software's part. You click delete, it does what it is told to do. xCSxXenon, 12 Dec 2019, 17:25
I did not click delete. I started a sync with the option "move to recycle bin", and find out the files are permanently deleted (i.e. not i the recycle bin). How is it not the software's failure? hope you're not about to tell me it is my fault or the os's...are you simple son?

xCSxXenon

All files that get deleted during the syncs I run go to the recycle bin without fail. It is MOST LIKELY that you are doing something wrong, or the recycle bin is messed up barring that. I'm not simple or your son, just experienced.