Synchronizing with Google Drive

Get help for specific problems

DannyD

I've setup FreeFileSync to synchronize a local folder with a folder in Google Drive. When I compare the folders, FFS marks Google Documents (i.e. files with the .gdoc or .gsheet suffix) as out of sync, when those files actually are in sync. The problem appears to be associated with the file size, which FFS marks as "0" for the files on Google Drive. I've checked the flagged files on Google Drive. They are not corrupted or otherwise messed up. They open fine.

I've attached screenshots of the comparison results and of my compare and synchronize settings.

Thanks for any help figuring this out.
Attachments
FFS - 3 - Synchronization settings.png
FFS - 3 - Synchronization settings.png (49.48 KiB) Viewed 10068 times
FFS - 2 - Comparison settings.png
FFS - 2 - Comparison settings.png (39.32 KiB) Viewed 10068 times
FFS - 1 - Comparison result.png
FFS - 1 - Comparison result.png (127.77 KiB) Viewed 10068 times
Site Admin

Zenju

Google's file types have no (native) local representation: https://fileinfo.com/extension/gsheet

DannyD

Does this mean I can't synchronize my Google files on my local drive with my Google files on-line?
Site Admin

Zenju

Exactly.

PS: It's possible to do a one-way conversion from Google Doc to certain MIME types, like .pdf. But this wouldn't be a synchronization, and is currently not attempted by FreeFileSync.

DannyD

OK. Thanks for helping me better understand how FreeFileSync works in regard to syncing with Google Drive.