How to save file including deselected files/folders?

Get help for specific problems

squeezey

EDIT: I worked it out, didn't know there was a right-click option to "Exclude via Filter". On saving, it saves the selection.

Hello, great software, thank you.
I have a simple question.
I want to mirror this folder to another drive:

I select some files to exclude that I don't want in the backup (as in picture below).

I then make a "Save" file.

When I open the save file again, all of the files are showing, even the excluded files.

How do I get FFS to save my deselected files?
Thank you very much.

Radish

I just did a quick test of the situation you describe and I had no difficulty with FFS remembering the newly added exclusions -- so, in theory you shouldn't on principle be having the problem you describe. However, I'll take a stab in the dark at the problem and say that maybe the location that the newly modified and then saved via using the "Save" button isn't saving the newly modified [WhatEverFileName].ffs_gui file to the same location that FFS is actually looking to re-load the [WhatEverFileName].ffs_gui when FFS is restarted. For a discussion on this problem and possible solution see this thread: FFS_GUI & FFS_BATCH File Locations

For a quick manual check of this on your system instead of using the "Save" button to save the newly created/modified *.ff_gui use the "Save as..." button instead. When the 'save to where' dialogue window opens double-check that the file is going to be saved to the path you expect it to be saved to (if not change the path). Personally, I never use the Save button because of problems like this in the past -- always use the Save As... button and check the path.

P.S. I think the default location that FFS uses to save .ffs_gui files to is:
C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Roaming\FreeFileSync
You can look at the content of those files by loading the file in Windows Notepad -- just check the exclusions noted in the files to see if they contain the exclusions you setup after clicking the Save button. If you do find them there then it likely indicates that FFS is loading your .ffs_gui files from somewhere other than the default location.

P.P.S. After some tinkering around with this I just found out that if you click on a sync file title in Configuration Pane and look at the Blue Bar (Title Bar) across the top of the FFS GUI window then FFS shows the path to the file you have highlighted in the Configuration Pane.