Automatically Eject USB after RealTimeSync Help

Get help for specific problems

nannersmash80

Hello! My goal is to plug in my flash drive, have it backup automatically, then eject automatically when finished. I'm using USB disk ejector and in my ffs_batch file I've got ejectdrive.bat in the "run a command" "on completion". The bat file is simply USB_Disk_ejector.exe /REMOVELABLE "4GB" to eject the 4GB flash drive.

Running my bat file manually works, flash drive is ejected. If I run the ffs_batch, it also works as expected; after the sync finishes, my 4GB flash drive is ejected.

However, if I follow the steps in the online manual to sync when the 4GB flash drive is plugged in (ffs_batch is on the 4GB drive, along with USB_Disk_ejector.exe and the ejectdrive.bat at the root of the drive, and the real time sync is waiting for the drive), I plug the drive in, it'll sync, but for some reason it won't eject.

Any ideas? I've tried putting the exe and my bat file on the root of the flash drive, in the program files directory, and in the user app data folder, no luck.
Thanks!

FrenchCanadian

Hi nannersmash80.

I recommend 2 freewares.

1) EjectUSB 1.6, author: William Hedrick, size: 258 KB, available on softpedia.com
2) RemoveDrive 3.1.3, author: Uwe Sieber, size: 95 KB, available on softpedia.com

These 2 freewares work perfectly in a batch file.

Have a good evening buddy!

FrenchCanadian

nannersmash80

Thanks FrenchCanadian! I can give them a try as well. The USB disk ejector program seems to work just fine in a batch file too, it just doesn't seem to work using RTS to auto-detect USB drive connection. If I run the ffs_batch file with my batch file for USB disk ejector, it works; just not with RTS, so it seems like it's something with FFS and the RTS and running that batch file, not necessarily the software I'm using, but hey, I'm open to trying the other ones!

nannersmash80

Well, neither of those 2 programs (EjectUSB 1.6 or RemoveDrive 3.1.3) worked either. They both work as intended if I run the ffs_batch file. But when I place the ffs_batch on the flash drive and set up the RTS, my batch file won't run to eject the drive regardless of what program I use. Wondering if maybe it's a Windows security thing, it won't automatically run a .exe or .bat that's on the flash drive itself? I tried putting a .bat on the flash drive that ran the .exe from a dir on the PC (C:/test/Removedrive.exe) and that didn't work either. I'm scratching the bottom of the barrel here now. Any other ideas?

nannersmash80

Does anyone know if this might be a limitation of FFS or maybe if I'm dealing with some security thing in Windows?