Wrong double-synchronizing on a different HDD with same settings

Get help for specific problems

Synctag

I want to change my external HDD to another because I run out of space. I've used the new one already for Backups before.

When using my old HDD, FFS always registered the changes on my PC or my HDD and updated all data.

Whenever I used the new HDD, FFS seems only to register the existing files, because it brings me back also the deleted and deferred files on my PC!

Just as it wouldn't know which direction is the right one and therefore avoids deleting anything.

I thought of a setting problem, but sometimes I use the same saved settings and the same letter (E:) and it seems to read both HDD's different.

Plerry

It reads like you are using the two-way sync variant.
This variant uses a database containing the folder structure and file content of the left and right base locations per the end of the previous sync, and is stored at either side in the base location.
This allows FFS to determine any local changes compared to the end of the previous FFS sync, and consequently determine sync actions.
If you have never run a specific FFS sync to/from your new HDD, that HDD does not contain the FFS database yet, and will assume all files need to be synced. Only after running the first sync your new HDD will contain the FFS database and will not try to restore any files deleted at either side, but rather will then also execute the deletion at the other side.