how to delay a Windows scheduled FFS batch job?

Get help for specific problems

natraj_

The schedule of my FFS batch job on Win 8 does not start properly in the Win 8 scheduled tasks. It starts but no data transfer happening and it hangs in the task list forever with the status "starting". The script is working fine when I execute it manually and I´ve also set up the FFS script to ignore error messeges. I believe the problem is the external HDD of my router (functions as a NAS) has a standby mode which shuts the HDD down when there is no activity. Then it takes about 5-10 sec. for startup when a process tries to access the HDD (FFS in this case). So I guess the FFS batch job needs instant access to the NAS and can´t wait 5 - 10 sec. for the HDD to start up, right?
Is there a way to delay running the FFS script in the Windows scheduler? I guess I´d need to run a script that would wake up the NAS first, wait 10 sec. and then excecute the FFS script.
I guess that´s more of a Windows scheduler question, but I thought one of you guys here have any experience with this problem.
Thanks!

Plerry

See the discussion (and suggested batch-file solutions) in below thread:
viewtopic.php?t=1372

natraj_

Thanks. I´ve found out it was a config problem of the Win scheduler. In a desparate attempt to solve the problem I´ve changed an option in the general tab in the Win Scheduler to "Run wheter user is logged on or not" . This will supress the FFS progress Window and run only in the background.
So FFS can handle the startup delay, that a HDD causes in standby mode , by itself.
Thanks again for your hint Plerry!