Suppress MFMT warning

Discuss new features and functions

robnicholson-malt

I'm using FreeFileSync to synchronise a folder to an IIS FTP server which doesn't support the MFMT command. Therefore I've configured the comparison to run on file size which is fine for my purposes.

[Link to imgur showing config removed as I received a rather trite error about including links when a new user]

However, you still get the warning about the server not supporting the MFMT command:
[18:04:10] Warning: Cannot write modification time of "ftp://ftp.maltsystems.co.uk/SERVER002/My Backups/E-Drive/E-Drive_20191229_Inc_v6.pbd~b7f1.ffs_tmp".
Server does not support the MFMT command.
The problem is that I'm processing the exit code from freefilesync to trap problems and therefore you always get exit code 1 when files are synchronised - which as my script only runs after changes are made is all the time.

So few suggestions:

1. If comparison is set to file size, then don't throw an error if the MFMT command isn't supported (not 100% ideal)
2. Implement an option to disable the MFMT warning (best option?)
3. Implement support for the MDTM command to set time on IIS (not standard?)
Site Admin

Zenju

Update: FreeFileSync will now only log modification time errors (as info message) after comparing by size or content, instead of showing a warning dialog.