check boxes in Synchronization preview

Get help for specific problems

bazbsg

Hi. New user here. I did read and search the forum and read the manual.

Can I ask the purpose of the check boxes in the center pane of the Synchronization preview? After a compare they are all checked. If I click one, after about half a second, that row disappears. So there is no possibility to check it back on.

I often want to see the result of a compare but then deselect some files because I'm not ready to sync them yet. I especially do this when I'm travelling and trying to send some backups to my home server over VPN. The hotel internet might be slow and I'll want to wait until later to send some big files. Or I might zip the big files into a multipart archive so I can instead send the pieces which means I don't lose as much progress if a giant file gets interrupted 90% of the way through.

In another program I have used, I am able to select multiple files then remove them the synchronization list. In this program it seems I have to deselect then one at a time, is that right?

Thanks...

bazbsg

Since I posted this seven months ago, I have become more familiar with the program. I did see how I can select multiple files and right click to remove them from the synchronization list.

I also discovered the synchronization pane which is great!

But I would like to ask again if the check boxes in the center pane of the Synchronization preview could be made to function like standard check boxes. Instead of clicking off making the row disappear, could it just disable that row so it doesn't synchronize ? There have been several times I wanted to click a few rows off and i'm still not used to the rows disappearing so I clicked a row I didn't want to click and lost it and had to run the compare step again to get it back.

Thanks...