Cannot seem to get realtime sync to work correctly."Cannot access volume shadow copy service"

Get help for specific problems

connorzman

Hello. I was loving this program at first but am recently running into issues. I am an electronic musician and have FFS configured to automatically copy my files from my DAW program as I am working to my external HDD, which is then uploaded to the cloud.

However lately I am getting this error that I cannot seem to get this error message to go away:

The file is locked by another process:
Ableton Live 10 Standard.exe [C:\ProgramData\Ableton\Live 10 Standard\Program\Ableton Live 10 Standard.exe]

Cannot access the Volume Shadow Copy Service.
The caller does not have sufficient backup privileges or is not an administrator.
HRESULT: 0x80070005, Access is denied. Volume: "C:\"

I have configured FFS and RTS to automatically run elevated. I have also enabled "fail safe file copy" and "copy locked files". I am totally willing to donate for support regarding this issue once I get it figured it out. I am stumped right now though. Thank you.

connorzman

So I've discovered it is certainly an admin privileges issue. If on startup I manually go in and start FFS as admin I don't run into this issue. However, I cannot seem to get it to initiate as admin on startup! I've already configured the properties of the .exe file to always run as admin automatically. It just seems odd that it won't seem to automatically.

xCSxXenon

Create a shortcut and place it in your startup directory. Change the advanced options of the startup to start as admin.