Invalid Signature [CopyFileEx]

Get help for specific problems

bhendin

Getting this error when copying about 175GB from network to local SD card.
When I click "Retry" the file appears to complete transfer and then I'll get it again on another file within 5-20 minutes.

My guess is either some network transfer issue or my SD card going bad, but I've been doing similar large transfers between other network location and between the local computer and SD card over the past few weeks and haven't seen this issue before.

What does it mean?

PS. I removed the IMG tag scree shot, because this forum is a rude son of a bitch as documented here:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6950

bhendin

The other problem with this error is that when it pops up, it doesn't bring FFS to the forefront or otherwise notify me of an error. So I think FFS is just working fine in the background copying. It isn't until I toggle over to it that I realize it is hung up for I don't know how many minutes.

bhendin

Just as a follow-up. This does not appear to be a FFS error, as I continued to get this error on copying outside of FFS. If anyone sees similar you can look at my posts on MS here.

It would have been nice if FFS could have passed along the actual error code of 0x80090006 with the error message as it would have made research easier. Also, as stated it would be nice if FFS comes to the forefront on an error like this so that the user is aware the copy is stopped. In the meantime the only "solution" with FFS (which is still better than a native OS copy) is to set the retry on error. Generally one retry should be enough as it will attempt once per occurrence of error.

As it stands, I don't expect any further resolution from this forum on the issue, but the root issue appears to be a MS issue (possibly driver related).
Site Admin

Zenju

It would have been nice if FFS could have passed along the actual error code of 0x80090006 with the error message as it would have made research easier. bhendin, 06 Feb 2020, 16:52
Indeed, printing hexadecimal seems a better default for error codes. Implemented for the next version.

Also, as stated it would be nice if FFS comes to the forefront on an error like this so that the user is aware the copy is stopped. bhendin, 06 Feb 2020, 16:52
Makes sense => TODO, maybe even set the task bar color accordingly