Error Code 5: Access is denied. [DirReaderPlus]

Get help for specific problems

JLK2506

Hi everyone,
I've downloaded FreeFileSync and installed it. After configurating it the program ran just fine. But some time ago, when I try to sync my files I'm getting the following error message:
Error Code 5: Access is denied. [DirReaderPlus]
I hope there's someone who can help me.

Greetings, JLK2506
Attachments
2020-02-17 20_45_54-Error.png
2020-02-17 20_45_54-Error.png (6.41 KiB) Viewed 5117 times

Furatus

I had similar permission errors right after last update. Access errors to create directory.
I ended up reinstalling and resetting sync jobs and changing some permissions on the destination drive in the 'Update' and the problem got 'fixed'.

JLK2506

Thank you, I've reinstalled the program and the error got fixed I think.
Unfortunately now there's another problem
Error Code 0x5: Access is denied. [CopyFileEx]
Maybe there's someone who can help me with this error.

Greetings, JLK2506
Attachments
FreeFileSync_x64_gAmR3lJVi21.png
FreeFileSync_x64_gAmR3lJVi21.png (7.18 KiB) Viewed 5074 times

Furatus

I think this might be still issue of permissions on the destination drive E. In my case I went really far:
1. I removed all permissions on the destination drive
2. I added full rights to everyone on destination (it might be overkill)
3. I recreated sync jobs.

Good luck!

Magavara

I ran into the same problem today. However, I was able to resolve the issue by changing the ownership of my drive back to SYSTEM. Make sure to also tick the box on the bottom left.
Clipboard01.jpg
Clipboard01.jpg (145.52 KiB) Viewed 4576 times

Cliffthegeek

I had this problem, but I seem to have found a way to fix it. After upgrading to the latest version (that didn't help), I created a job to synch the problem folder by itself. I was presented with a message indicating that I didn't have rights to the folder in question (duh!) but that if I clicked "here" it would be added. So I did. Nothing happened. But when I tried to run the job, IT WORKED! I'm sorry I couldn't share my screen shots, the problem is gone now and I can't get it back to help document it. Oh well, I hope it helps you. GREAT PROGRAM btw.

SignmeUplease

I updated the globalsettings.xml file which resolved a previous error I was getting, but now I'm seeing this [DirReaderPlus] error message. Again i've explored the options above and nothing seems to resolve this issue. I'm really surprised at how difficult this is. It should be straightforward because my system isn't that complicated. Ideas?

Thanks in advance.
Joy

Note: I've already donated so I really hope this gets resolved soon.