Need help creating ffs_real files.

Get help for specific problems

fauxjoe523

I apologize in advance for this, but have been unsuccessful locating any source of help concerning the procedure to follow to create ffs_real configuration files. I know how to create ffs_batch files but cannot locate any instructions about ffs_real. 90 minutes of searching Discussion and Googling for this have left me exhausted and feeling really dumb about my ignorance of scripting.

Would love it if you made me feel even dumber by pointing me to where I can learn the procedure for ffs_real.

Thanks in advance.
Site Admin

Zenju

> Would love it if you made me feel even dumber by pointing me to where I can learn the procedure for ffs_real.

I'll try ;) Did you read the program's help file?

fauxjoe523

I used the Help file and the Discussions I could find, but still kept getting a bunch of weird error messages to the effect that there were errors in the configuration file settings, no folders were specified, etc. etc. etc. On top of that, I would save the ffs_real settings only to open the program and find that none of the settings had been retained.

I will confess that, after starting the thread here, I drove away from my house to have a few beers. They had nothing to do with it, but the driving did help - suddenly it popped into my head that the problems I was having might be due to running the current version of FFsync from a Portable Apps installation I had put on the computer.

I still (Gasp!) use V 3.2 for most of my work: I have dozens of ffs_batch files I would have to update if I ran current version of FFSync. They all run like a charm!

Anyhow, I eventually got RealTimeSync working properly on 3.2.

I'll get back to you in a few weeks when I finish investigating this more fully. I've never before had a problem running a Portable Apps current version of a program fully installed on the computer in an earlier version, but that seems to have occurred here.

I will try to replicate my problems and post the results here when available.

Thanks for responding!