OneDrive

Discuss new features and functions

franksisco

One last thing sorry.... I just discovered that inside the rclone drive I can paste what I want, I can create a new folder,... but windows explorer doesn't let me create new files...
What can it depend on?
If I right click inside the main folder of the rclone drive I only have available: create new folder.
No new txt file, word file and so on as usual.
Maybe do I have to recreate the service with NSSM by entering my administrator login credentials in logon?

franksisco

...Perhaps it's time to address these questions to the rclone forum. I have been asking rclone things on the FreeFileSynch forum for weeks.
For gratitude for your help, if I solve I will come back here and write the solution

LeoW

Not a bad idea at this point because I have little more to offer you for help.

I have an account there also. I asked questions and answer the few that I can. There are people there with far more expertise than I have.

franksisco

Ok, I created the topic "No file creation allowed in OneDrive rclone service" in rclone help and support forum

franksisco

Here I am, as suggested on the rclone forum I needed to add "-o UserName=frenk" to the end of the NSSM arguments which then became:
--config C:\Users\frenk\AppData\Roaming\rclone\rclone.conf --log-file C:\Users\frenk\rclone-log.txt mount Onedrive: O: --vfs-cache-mode full -o UserName=frenk
. No other changes on NSSM configuration and now I can create any kind of file in the drive.
Thank you very much again LeoW!

LeoW

Thank you very much again LeoW! franksisco, 19 Sep 2023, 16:27
You're welcome! Glad everything is working now.

Don't worry about the system account having permissions because it needs to be able to write to everything that you needed to write to anyway the only concern that you need to be careful of is that if your laptop ever falls into somebody else's hands the cloud drive automatically mounts itself.

As convenient as it is, I refrain from service level mounting. The other side of the argument is you may very well have cloud drives mounting automatically like Google Drive or some people have OneDrive mounting already when their computer boots so there's no way to get around it.

Just enjoy it.