Can not delete Files when using more than one device and a NAS

Get help for specific problems

Tannoa

Hey guys,

I want to use my NAS as a private cloud, with RealTimeSync, just like using one of the commercial cloud systems. I need my files to be accessible offline on more than one device, so I use RealTimeSync to sync those files. If I set things up with one computer and the NAS everything works as expected. Using the two way sync option everything works including deleting files. RealTimeSync notices if a file is deleted on either side (computer1 or NAS) and deletes the file the other side as well.
BUT, if I use a second computer, and if the deleted file was also synced to that computer earlier, the file gets restored. So basically, after the file was deleted on computer1 and NAS the RealTimeSync running on computer2 does not realize, that the file was deleted and thinks it is a new file and copies it back to the NAS. As a result its impossible for me to ever delete any files, as they are always resored on the other computer.
The same issue happens the other way around. Deleting works on my second device and the NAS, if RealTimeSync is disabled on the first computer, but if I turn RealTimeSync back on, on the first computer that one will restore the file.
I tried reversing the sides on both devices but that did not help. Of course, I can delete files if I do a manual comparison or deactivate RealTimeSync and delete the file on both computers before turning RealTimeSync back on, but that completely defies the purpose of having an automatic syncing solution in place.

Is it clear what the problem is? Did anyone else run into this issue? I would assume that using RealTimeSync in this way is something a lot of people want to do, so it should not be a rare issue.
Does anyone have an idea how to fix that?

Cheers,
Alex

xCSxXenon

Make sure you look into the sync settings. I have the same set up with everything set to "two way" and it works as expected.