Google Drive - Folder creation error / file error / log file

Discuss new features and functions

armirol

Hi,

This is an amazing tool! Though, i'm running into a couple of difficulties and i'd like to check if there is a solution/workaround or if it can be fixed/added in future versions.

1- Google drive accept folders with specials characters (like "/", ie: "Folder 01/01/2020"). Is there a way to specifically tell if the folder/files names that will be copied/created must comply with Windows requirements and then force the file/folder name to be compliant or provide a generic character to replace any special character in a list (ie: "/"->".", " "->"_", etc...) instead of just logging an error?

2- Google drive also accepts a space ([edited] and a dot) as last characters of a folder name. Similar question, can we either replace those characters with another character of suppress them instead of just logging an error?

Thank you

ngdayo

is anyone working on this ,I have a lot of files with _ in them

thanks

Plerry

@armirol :
The only resolve seems to be to run a separate script that replaces all (for Windows) illegal characters in Google drive before running an FFS sync.

@ngdavo :
An underscore (_) is a perfectly legal character in (also Windows) filenames,
and syncs just fine in FFS.

armirol

@ngdayo:
Underscore is not an issue, the other specials characters are: / or space at the beginning or end of a folder or filename... right now we have to rename all files/folders manually... it's a question of training the team to pay attention to those details, so we'll get less and less mistakes but i still need to monitor the log after each sync.

@Plerry:
That's exactly what i was saying..." "->"_" meaning replace " " with "_" as space at the beginning or end is an issue with the sync as replacing all spaces by underscores would solve the problem with windows.

Else, how would you run a script on a google drive to solve those files/folders names compliance issue? I have no idea where to start.
Thx

ngdayo

Underscore is an issue, I moved a subfolder with 12 files in windows and only 6 files moved and it renamed some of those by trunking the end of the file names witch is worse then just failing is did damage to that subfolder