Suggestion: Algorithm, Network & Master Password

Discuss new features and functions

patwwh

[ Algorithm ]
In my use case, I run sync it at midnight automatically by scheduler. I hope it will finish all main tasks at the night time. Then in the morning, if I find any error or conflict and make indication, that software just need to handle those problematic tasks, and thus time consumed is much shortened, so I can quickly shut down and take away my notebook from home to office.

But two current FreeFileSync's algorithm are:
1. Main Compare --> If Error of Conflict occur, wait for my answer. But I cannot answer in the midnight !! => Main Execute.
2. Main Compare => (Ignore Mode to Ignore all errors) => Main Execute --> Report me about the error as Logged Text, but no longer provide GUI for me to indicate further actions !!

Suggesting algorithm:
Main Compare => Main Execute (--> If Error or Conflict occur, Wait for User's Indicating Action, then for those problematic folders & files ... => Re-Compare => Re-Execute).

[ Network Password ]
Please allow inputting passwork for network connection. This is important for various cases. e.g. When working in service mode (esp. SYSTEM Service or Virtual Service, before Login), Sync service should have its own ability to login & connect to network.

[ Master Password ]
To prevent hacker to hack by controlling my Sync profiles etc., a master password differentiate FreeFileSync from a normal software to a professional software.

Plerry

Why not simply use the Credential Manager (assuming Windows) for password storage and management?
If you are smart, you are running your syncs already under a separate/dedicated account, and only that account should have write-access in your network location(s)