gdrive target folder exists, but was not available during comparison

Get help for specific problems

zakmetmoes

Hi,
I have been using freefilesync for a few months now and everything worked great. But since friday, all daily back-ups seem to fail.

I get this serious error:
[18:00:00] Serious Error: Target folder "gdrive:\MyEmail\backup" is already existing, but was not available during folder comparison.

Can anyone relate to this problem?
The only thing I changed friday was changing the target folder on gdrive from normal to shared.

Also, freeFileSync crashes when I press browse in the access online storage window.

things i tried:
I installed the latest version of FFS today. (it was running 10.19 when the first backups failed)
disconnected the google user account an reconnected it.
rebooted
windows updates

huatoh

Close FFS Then
Logout all your google account in your web browser ( IE or Chrome etc.) and try again

zakmetmoes

Hi Huatoh,
Thanks for your reply!

That fixed it :o
Why did this happen?
Site Admin

Zenju

Close FFS Then
Logout all your google account in your web browser ( IE or Chrome etc.) and try again huatoh, 31 Mar 2020, 15:53
Spam?

huatoh

To Zenju

Not spam but I just have same problem and try to fix this problem by myself.
As admin do you know why it happen?

TommyTheTinkerer

Ive just had same problem. To be clear, i have two backup accounts working in gdrive and worked on both of them yesterday. Both from the same machine. Both logged in to chrome, along with multiple other users.
In one user, I changed permissions on folders to "Prevent editors from changing access or adding new people". Error popped up last night.
Will try this "log out and log back in" method.... that reminds me of a joke about a 4 engineers driving in a car that stopped for no apparent reason...

zakmetmoes

yes, I think I also changed the permission settings when it happened.