Error readdirectorychangesw: corrupted data returned

Get help for specific problems

ivvanni

Hi and first thing first, thank you for your hard work.

I have recently updated my nas and now realtimesync returns an error stating: "readdirectorychangesw: corrupted data returned" while it tries to sync data. Manually executing the action from freefilesync doesn't throw any error.

Folders are readable and writable in explorer, and I have also tried to redo the same batch file but nothing changes. There is something I can do? Thank you.

xCSxXenon

Sounds like it is having a problem monitoring changes in the directory. I wonder if the update broke a service required to monitor the contents?

ivvanni

Hi

I don't know, but how FFS monitors data changes? Doesn't it simply read the folder and check against the destination?

xCSxXenon

To be clear, FFS does not monitor anything ever. RTS does. RTS uses NTFS directory monitoring if I remember correctly. It isn't constantly scanning the files for changes, that would be wildly slow and would impact overall performance. I believe that a flag gets set when a directory is modified, the flag is held in the file table. RTS sees that, then runs the FFS job to run the sync job

ivvanni

Ok it's clear. I'm going to open a ticket on nas forum, anyway if there is some news from your part it would be great! Thank you again