Run a command on completion

Discuss new features and functions

Wagner

I did the program update.

when I ran the backup, it did not perform the function. in the previous version, it ran smoothly.

the program is SysInternals Suite \ sync64.exe.

thank you

Windos 10 Pro 64-bit

ps. very good this program. I've already tested several. this is the best. very easy interface.
Site Admin

Zenju

There have been a few changes regarding command line execution. They're documented here: https://freefilesync.org/manual.php?topic=external-applications

Wagner

sync64 flush the disks buffer. you don't need any parameters.

here's the command: "C: \ Portables \ Utility \ WSCC \ SysInternals Suite \ sync64.exe"

where is the error?

I saw the suggested documentation and from what I saw nothing interferes with the execution of what I need.

suggestions?
Site Admin

Zenju

Just test the command in the console (cmd.exe). If it works there, it should work with FFS. And if not FFS will log an error message.

Wagner

Well, I appreciate the help and I come to say that it was my mistake.

Freefilsync does run the program when it finishes synchronizing. However, now it doesn't display the command on the screen (cmd), which I think is great.

I have been using the program since the initial versions. I always liked the program.

I will make a donation soon. I will wait for the dollar to become less expensive in my country. Today, 1 DOLLAR = 5 X REAIS.

My respects
Last edited by Wagner on 19 Apr 2020, 07:35, edited 1 time in total.
Site Admin

Zenju

Yes cmd.exe is now fully integrated into FFS 10.23. If a command fails and prints to stdout, this is now understood by FFS and shown in the error message. All standard console commands like "copy", etc. work directly within FFS.

For the record: It's still possible to show a separate console window by prefixing the command with "start ", which is its main purpose after all:
C:\Users\Zenju>start /?
Starts a separate Command Prompt window to run a specified program or command.

Wagner

I suggest placing a non-modal window stating that "a program started to run after synchronization".