Copy Error With Quickbook Files

Get help for specific problems

SKrueger

I'm continuously running into a problem with copying Quickbook files, specifically those located in a company's *.SearchIndex directory. I get an error that the program cannot copy file ERROR_PATH_NOT_FOUND, but everything does exist. I've attached a copy of the log errors. Any idea on what's causing this and how to resolve?
Errors.txt
(2.64 KiB) Downloaded 83 times

ms308680

Outside the knowledge of this program, but with Quickbooks in general. On many different platforms that I have tried to sync the Quickbooks company file, there are always a few files, especially when Quickbooks is open, that Nextcloud, Google Drive, One Drive, and Dropbox have had issues with.

Quickbooks has their own cloud storage for their files that this does not happen with, but I have not run into any problems with this issue since the files it is not syncing are temporary files in use while Quickbooks is open or can only be interfaced with the Quickbooks program itself or the Database manager.

There have been many times I have just copied the company file to a new location on the same drive and to a different drive (using windows explorer) and I get a "File does not exist in source location or File already exists in destination" I have gotten these messages over the 12-15 years I have helped customers with Quickbooks. Generally, the files that do not sync, as long as Quickbooks is closed, are a non-issue and are generated every session.

While I am sorry I did not answer your question directly and specifically, I think having some background on how Quickbooks handles some of these files can help understand how and why copying files act the way that they do.

ms308680

Looking at the error text that you attached, it does seem to be different than what I described above, for some reason the Free File Sync is renaming those files to the destination with a set of random characters.ffs_tmp Hopefully, someone here can answer this better. Good luck. If this is on a NAS, it could be a character limit, but that would be a pretty low limit.

I have seen some pretty weird behavior on the QNAP NAS devices on how you connect to it.... I am sorry I do not have more information, best of luck.

xCSxXenon

It may be worth disabling "fail-safe copying" and examining the behavior