Need more background colors sessions

Discuss new features and functions

magranov

It would really be nice to have more background colors for sessions, preferably custom colors. Currently, only 8 colors are available. To be able to also change the foreground colors as well would be awesome!
Last edited by magranov on 21 May 2020, 15:37, edited 1 time in total.
Site Admin

Zenju

You can customize the colors directly in GlobalSettings.xml

magranov

Inside GlobalSettings.xml in the folder %appdata%\FreeFileSync I found no statements defining colors for the "Background color" selection for the right mouse button. See the attached image for the "Background color" selection.
How do I define colors inside GlobalSettings.xml that add/remove/change colors to the selection?
Attachments
Background color selection.jpg
Background color selection.jpg (178.14 KiB) Viewed 856 times
Site Admin

Zenju

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<FreeFileSync>
    <Gui>
        <MainDialog>
            <ConfigPanel>
                <Configurations>
                    <Item Color="DDDDDD"/>

magranov

The approach that you have suggested manually overrides one of the "Background color" selections for already existing session. However, it does not change the "Background color" selections apparently hardwired into the application.
To be more precise, can the GUI "Background color" selections be changed or not? (as shown on the attached image).
Site Admin

Zenju

Yes, I just wanted to mention it in case someone finds it useful.
Site Admin

Zenju

It would really be nice to have more background colors for sessions, preferably custom colors. Currently, only 8 colors are available. magranov, 21 May 2020, 07:15
Custom background colors via a color picker menu option has been implemented for FFS 11.26!