update of window during sync

Discuss new features and functions

bazbsg

This is partly a bug report and partly a request. I'm running on Windows 7.

I was hoping that there would be a way to see the progress on the main window as well as on the progress window while synchronization was taking place. However the progress window doesn't allow focus to be set to the main window. It's modal. Then just yesterday I noticed that I can resize the main window during sync (this is handled by Windows, not by the program) and after I do the main window updates to show the files that has been processed already. So the program is updating the main window and intends to do so but the main window is not updating its display. I'm guessing this part is an oversight / bug. I know in Windows MFC programming there is a function call to force the window to update. Maybe this could be added. I'm not sure what language this is written in or how the multi-OS support would make this more difficult.

To complete my request, a little bit more would have to be done. Even though the window could be automatically updated without having to resize the window, the client area of the main window still cannot be accessed. If the file list is long, there will be a vertical scrollbar to show the entire list and right now that cannot be scrolled while syncing. Also the progress window is always on top of the main window so it blocks the view. Perhaps the progress could be made (maybe optionally) modeless instead of modal and not a;ways on top.

Thanks...