ENOENT (statfs) on Mac Symlinks

Get help for specific problems

hofpad

Hello
I am new to FFS... and it looks really great so far.
But the symlinks from my mbp (mounted to my mac-mini's /Volumes/) are triggering Errors:

Bildschirmfoto 2020-09-05 um 17.10.00.png
Bildschirmfoto 2020-09-05 um 17.10.00.png (171.69 KiB) Viewed 844 times

And after ignoring the errors, these symlinks are missing on the destination side.
Interesting fact: the error-message is about the "has to be created" file on the destination side (which in this case is where FFS runs local, and should have all necessary permissions).
Any hints?

Thanks,
Patrick

nilsonj

+1.

Running into this while attempting to copy the contents of a Backups.backupdb Time Machine backup to a new SparseBundle. I have, for now, turned on the option to ignore errors. I did ask the program to copy file access permissions/ACLs, hoping that it would know that escalation is required. The account the application is running from is a sudo user with admin group permissions. It is also worthy of note that the option for "copy symlinks" and "direct" are also selected.

hofpad

Thanks for the reply, nilsonj.

Yes, the option "copy symlinks" is enabled and "direct" is selected.
I tried with "copy file access permissions"... but no change. Still the same errors.
Btw: the local user has full access to the destination, and the user I connected via afp to my mbp has full access there.

I don't like the option "ignore errors", because the symlinks are then missing... and since I am copying app-folders, the app itself would be altered... not a good idea imho.
Any other hints on this?

PS: I tried «Mend» in the meantime... it's not so handy... but it did the job without any glitches - so the problem seems not to be in the setup of the user/permission/folders area, right?

hofpad

late, but nevertheless: thanks for that superquick fix! very helpful...

hofpad

Hey, I just wanted to followup on this:

Today I have a very similar issue with the symlinks, but with this error-message:
EACCES: Permission denied [symlink]

I am trying to sync from local mac-mini drive (where FreeFileSync is running) to a NAS which is connected with SMB.

Any hints?