RTS idle time problems

Get help for specific problems

Harvester

Evening everyone.
I am struggling a bit to understand the idle time of RTS.
My understanding is that it is the time RTS in waiting for no changes to have happened before it actually triggers the sync.

The folders I am using this for are generally used only once in a while. So I don't want to sync every 10 seconds.
When I put the idle time up, it seems to not trigger the sync anymore. I tested it and it seems like to 30 is fine above it doesn't sync.
Any idea about this?
Or does it sync but I am not aware of it. Is there a log on when syncs are happening? I am only aware of the log for the latest sync!

Thanks a lot! Gotta love FTS and RTS!

xCSxXenon

Idle time does not continuously run. If it is set to 10 seconds, it won't sync every 10 seconds of inactivity. It just means after activity has stopped, wait 10 seconds to start a sync. As for why above 30 stops working, it's possible your antivirus is accessing the folder, or any other program as well.

Harvester

Thanks! Yes seems like something must be accessing the folder. This is probably also why it keeps scanning! Since its not a large folder that isn't really a problem! Maybe I just set it to 25 seconds and good!

Thanks alot!

HenriQuatre

Hello everybody.

By advance, sorry for my english I speak and write like a spanish cow...

I relaunch this post because the Idle time seems to be critical. As for Harvester, RTC work well as far as the idle time is <= 30 sec. If I set the idle time to 31", RTC comes OFF.
I check this with the batch file "window ON" : so I can really see what's happen.

The duration for analysing all the files is 29 or 30" seconds (about 98700 files)

Even if there is no change, RTC goes ON (idle time 30" or less).

My idea is to make RTC "On" only once an hour...

I use RTC to synchronise my HD to my NAS
Hardware : Mac Mini with OS 10.13.6 (High Sierra)
FFS et RTS 11.7

Thank you in advance !