Request: more options on Job configuration files

Discuss new features and functions

Inaki

(First, many thanks to developers for FreeFileSync)

Not sure this improvement has been requested. Sorry if it is a duplicate.

I often found annoying there is no "Delete the configuration file on disk" command in the popup menu,
over the configuration file list. And there is a limited capability for managing the Job files in FFS.

Currently, we have "Hide configuration" (the job is hidden from the job list) only.
But I would like to have more commands, like "Delete on disk" and similar.

For example, I made sometimes a duplicate of Job file from the filesystem, then I open it with "Open", and modify the configuration. Other times I want to delete the Job old-file, and I need to browse again the filesystem for this simple operation. Etc.
It would be more easy to have all these basic operations on configuration files from FFS itself.

___
Ideally, we could have a submenu (similar to "Background color") so we get all filesystem options.

So when we right-click on a Job configuration, the popup menu would contain a option + sub-options:

Menu:
Rename
Manage... >>
Background color...>>

Sub-menu from "Manage....":
> Hide from interface
> Delete from disk .......................... (with confirmation dialog + Button to open Explorer)
> Duplicate Job (on disk AND interface)... (with new-name dialog, using #1 appended to previous name)
> (etc.)
> Add Job description .........................(this request appears in a recent topic. I agree.)

Something intuitive and flexible to allow operations that otherwise require to go to Explorer-

Again, many thanks for your attention !
Site Admin

Zenju

Added for the next version:
New config file context menu option: Show in file manager

Inaki

Great ! Many thanks, Zenju,
Site Admin

Zenju

Also added for the next version:
New configuration context menu option to delete from disk